Manchester United will be without Paul Pogba for Thursday’s clash against Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League.
The Red Devils currently sit top of the table despite losing their last away game to Astana.
Pogba has only made six appearances this season due to a foot injury sustained prior to the September international break.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had initially said that Pogba would be ready to return to the side in early December but that didn’t happen as the World Cup winner was missing from the squad that won against Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City last week.
The 26-year-old is also likely to miss Man United’s upcoming matches against Everton and Colchester in the Premier League and Carabao Cup respectively.
There is no doubt Solskjaer will be tempted to stick with the same midfield setup of Fred, Scott McTominay and Jesse Lingard, after their impressive performance in United’s victory over local rivals Manchester City.
Quizzed ahead of today’s game, Solskjaer was asked whether Pogba will be available in 2019, and the United boss replied: ‘Yeah, hope so.
‘He is working hard to get fit and hopefully we can get him back on the pitch.’
It is understood Solskjaer is reluctant to rush Pogba back into the team and risk further injury setback.
‘Let’s get him fit and back in form. He will play loads of games,’ the Norwegian said.
‘He’s one of the best players in the world and we’re looking forward to having him back.’
Meanwhile, reports via Daily Mail, claims United are ready to listen to offers for Pogba in January with reports suggesting Real Madrid and his former club Juventus are keen on signing him should they reach an agreement.
The report further claims United have launched an enquiries for both Saul Niguez and Donny van de Beek.
United paid £89m for the Frenchman from Juventus and his contract expires in 2021