Jurgen Klopp and his men travel to Birmingham to take on Aston Villa at the Villa Park Stadium tonight for their Carabao Cup clash.
Many neutrals see the Reds as comfortable winners going into this fixture, giving Liverpool’s current form.
But Villa are equally well placed to cause a major upset against the European Champions, who will be desperately looking to rest players giving their crazily-busy fixtures in the coming days.
Having said that, lets take a look at both team’s recent head-to-head ahead of this clash.
- Liverpool have won four of their last five meetings with Aston Villa.
- Liverpool have won six of their last seven away games in all competitions.
- The last meeting between the two sides saw visitors Liverpool win 1-2 at Villa Park.
- Aston Villa have only won two times at home against Liverpool in their last 20 meetings stretching back to 1998.
- Liverpool are currently 1st on the Premier League table with 49 points from 17 games with a goal difference of 28 (Second best in the league).
- Aston Villa are currently 17th on the Premier League table with 15 points from 17 games with a goal difference of -7 (sixth lowest in the league).
Liverpool remain outright favourites going into this away fixture, despite huge indications of key players being rested by the boss.
Villa on their own simply have nothing to lose and will have the backing of their home crowd as they look to take on a Liverpool side without some of their key players.
With this in mind, here is our predicted Liverpool lineup for the night in our usual 4-3-3 formation.
(4-3-3): Kelleher; Gallacher, Hoever, Van den Berg, Larouci; Chirivella, Christie-Davies, Kane; Elliott, Stewart, Longstaff.